Open Vacancy | PR & Communications Officer
VentureUP – the University of Prishtina Entrepreneurship & Innovation Centre, brings UP students together in a creative, results-driven environment to activate economic growth, meaningful employment and sustainable living through its four (4) programs: Incubation, Experiential Learning, Social Impact &Tech Transfer.
As such, it represents the go to place for UP students & faculty to develop and transform their novel ideas into socially conscious, real-market businesses and sustainable organizations, bridging education and markets in Kosovo. University based incubators aim to integrate businesses, government and academia in order to stimulate development and leverage know-how and research capacity to contribute to the economy and serve as experiential learning laboratories for student work-skills development throughout the process. For more information about VentureUP visit www.venture-up.org.
VentureUP – the University of Prishtina Entrepreneurship & Innovation Centre, through its EU supported project “VentureUP – UP’s Venture Incubator” is seeking to fill the position of:
PR and Communications Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the PR & Communications Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day communication/outreach activities for the organization, in line with the project plans, timelines & budgets.
The PR & Communications Officer is chiefly responsible for leading the formulation and implementation of internal and external Communication Strategies.
The PR & Communications Officer performs the following tasks:
Lead the formulation & implementation of Internal and external Communications strategies
- Designs and manages all internal & external communications and outreach strategies, timelines &budgets,
- Oversees communication and branding of VentureUP, including layout and design of various publications,
- Prepares social media content (text and design) and posts in VentureUPs social media channels,
- Maintains VentureUP’s website and social media outlets, ensuring growth of audience and engagement,
- Defines most important social media KPIs,
- Uses analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the organization’s social media presence and performance,
- Creating and managing campaigns and promotions,
- Builds and maintains media relationships,
- Develops and maintains photo library and other communication assets,
- Supports development staff in fundraising efforts
- Ensures proper and timely implementation of project activities
- Represents the interest of VentureUP and always acts on its behalf
- Carries out important tasks even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Maintains proper documentation of work processes
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Preferably the University degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related disciplines relevant to accomplish the tasks.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in public relations, social media and/or marketing.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Proficient command of English is required, knowledge of other languages is an added value.
- Excellent command of Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Twitter) and their Analytic tools is required.
- Superior communication (written and verbal) are required.
- Technical knowledge of multimedia, web and digital tools such as MailChimp, SurveyMonkey.
- Functional knowledge and experience with WordPress, Canva, and other content and design tools,
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of economic development, entrepreneurship in Kosovo.
- Ability to work independently, but consult as necessary, and deliver results with minimum supervision and under pressure.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and solve problems quickly and effectively with a proactive and positive attitude.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English, in PDF version, to [email protected]
- Resume/CV – in English
- Motivation Letter (max. 500 words)
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of Email: PR & Communications Officer Application – Name & Surname | VentureUP
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered!
Deadline for submission of Applications is 10 October 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews.
VentureUP encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply!