Open Vacancy | Admin & Finance Officer
VentureUP – the University of Prishtina Entrepreneurship & Innovation Centre, brings UP students together in a creative, results-driven environment to activate economic growth, meaningful employment and sustainable living through its four (4) programs: Incubation, Experiential Learning, Social Impact &Tech Transfer.
As such, it represents the go to place for UP students & faculty to develop and transform their novel ideas into socially conscious, real-market businesses and sustainable organizations, bridging education and markets in Kosovo. University based incubators aim to integrate businesses, government and academia in order to stimulate development and leverage know-how and research capacity to contribute to the economy and serve as experiential learning laboratories for student work-skills development throughout the process. For more information about VentureUP visit www.venture-up.org.
VentureUP – the University of Prishtina Entrepreneurship & Innovation Centre, through its EU supported project “VentureUP – UP’s Venture Incubator” is seeking to fill the position of:
Admin & Finance Officer
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Admin & Finance Officer ensures that office budget and financial planning are carried out in a timely fashion in accordance with the financial policies and donor requirements and that all documents are accurately maintained for audit and office purposes.
- Prepare daily transactions.
- Ensure that the internal control procedures and donors’ regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers.
- Maintain and monitor an effective office filing system including bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoices, time & attendance sheets, and payroll records.
- Manage cash flow and office bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation.
- Ensure that all the appropriate approvals are obtained for all expenditures prior to fund disbursements.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that work is done in accordance with national laws and regulations.
- Enforce and improve procurement procedures when needed.
- Assist Executive Director and the Management with budget preparation, including core activities and specific grant budgets.
- Prepares regular financial reports as required by donors, VentureUP’s Board of Directors, etc,
- Participate in strategy development and annual financial planning of the office.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Supports development staff in fundraising efforts
- Ensures proper and timely implementation of project activities
- Represents the interest of VentureUP and always acts on its behalf
- Carries out important tasks even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Maintains proper documentation of work processes
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Finance and Accounting or related disciplines relevant to accomplish the tasks.
- At least two years of work experience in a financial position with admin and budgeting responsibilities, preferably within the NGO environment.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Knowledge and practice of Quick Books accounting software.
- Knowledge and experience in managing EU grants highly preferable.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, priorities tasks and to take initiative.
- Computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and in the primary language of the country required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English, in PDF version, to [email protected]
- Resume/CV – in English
- Motivation Letter (max. 500 words)
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of Email: Admin & Finance Officer Application – Name & Surname | VentureUP
Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered!
Deadline for submission of Applications is 10 October 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to interviews.
VentureUP encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic minorities as well as candidates with disability to apply!